Couch, armchair, sofa or stool - as beautiful and elegant they are, ugly stains on upholstered furniture are just as annoying. Incorrect cleaning agents also leave annoying edges when trying to clean them. The all-rounder PUROXX helps with cleaning and with the valuable cleaning tips, upholstered furniture shines back in its old splendor in no time.
Cleaning the sofa and upholstered furniture - what should you watch out for?
To keep your upholstered furniture in good condition, you should regularly remove dust and crumbs with a vacuum cleaner. Three tips for stains:
- Once a stain has formed, it is important to “be quick”. This increases the chance that your upholstery will be completely clean again.
- When cleaning the upholstery, you shouldn't rub the stain away, but dab it off.
With some upholstered furniture, you can pull off the cover and clean it in the washing machine. You can also use the PUROXX all-purpose cleaner in the washing machine for sustainable washing. It is more difficult when that is not possible. But upholstered furniture can also be cleaned sustainably without expensive cleaning equipment and chemicals.
Basics of upholstery cleaning: water and PUROXX cleaning paste
The simplest home remedy will also help your upholstered furniture: warm water and PUROXX are enough to remove stains effectively.
- Mix a teaspoon serving of PUROXX with warm water.
- Dab the stain with the magic sponge (bundled in the PUROXX starter box) or rag, then brush from the outside in. This will prevent the stain from spreading any further.
- After cleaning the upholstery, wipe the entire piece of furniture with the sponge.
The versatile PUROXX cleaning paste helps with particularly odor-intensive and heavy stains. It has a disinfectant effect, removes stains and neutralizes odors. In addition, the application does not leave any annoying edges on the fabric.
How to use the dermatologically tested all-purpose cleaner on your upholstered furniture:
- First, vacuum your upholstered furniture with a vacuum cleaner.
- Press some PUROXX on your stain.
For less stubborn stains, you can use PUROXX sparingly and dilute with water (1 tbsp PUROXX to approx. 10 liters of water)
- Rub it gently with a damp sponge (ideally our magic sponge is suitable) and let the paste work for 2-3 hours.
- Wipe off the worked in paste with a wet sponge or cloth.
You have cleaned your upholstered furniture within a few hours and can finally make yourself comfortable again. Say goodbye to annoying water marks and help your furniture to shine in full shine again - completely phosphate-free, dermatologically tested and sustainable.
In our PUROXX starter-box you will receive everything you need to clean your upholstered furniture & completely free of shipping costs within Austria!